Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Jamberry nail review

If you're reading this, you probably know that I'm a pretty low-maintenance kind of girl, especially when it comes to fashion. I don't like spending a lot of time getting ready most mornings because I have plenty of other things I'd rather do...like read a book! :)

I found out about Jamberry nails this summer and was intrigued. I like to have some polish on my toes during the summer, but I usually leave it on until it's looking much worse for the wear, and I never paint my fingernails...talk about an exercise in futility! But Jamberry claims that it's nail wraps won't chip (for up to two weeks on your fingernails and six weeks on toes)...it sounds too good to be true, but I have been VERY pleasantly surprised!

I kept my fingernail wraps on for over two weeks and I've loved them (let's be honest, by the end a few nails on my right hand were looking rough). My toes are holding up awesome, and I'm fully confident that they will make it the full six weeks in better shape than my fingernails after two. (And since I'm being honest, likely they'll stay on longer than six weeks!)


(I totally forgot to take picture when I first did them, this is the only one I have!)

It took me about 30 minutes to put the wraps on my fingernails. The process was simple, especially because there are so many great videos to help with application. I tried my consultant Michelle's plastic Baggie method and was impressed with how well it smoothed out any wrinkles. I used nail clippers instead of scissors to trim the extra wrap from each nail, which gave me a really nice fit to my nails, and just my hair drier for heat. There was definitely a learning curve, but by the end of the set I felt much more comfortable. And when I did my toes I was much more comfortable and confident (and faster with the application!).

One of the biggest perks about Jamberry nail wraps over a manicure for me was the ability to trim my nails and still have the wraps looks great. I actually trimmed them a few days in because I had a few of the first nails that I didn't get a perfect seal, so the tips started to come up. I trimmed the nails just a little and they were perfect. I also am a fan of no dry time. Since I have a few (adorable) interruptions in my house, it was great to be able to stop part way through when I needed to help my kids and not worry about anything messing up the work is done.


(Here's a look after 2+ weeks)




(And a close up look...tips of my right hand starting to look rough but the color and pattern has held up great!)

I was super impressed with how well these held up. I am not gentle on my nails at all. In fact, while I had these wraps on my fingers I made bread 4-5 times, picked crabs, went swimming, did plenty of dishes, and was basically as rough as I could have been! Polish never would have held up the way these did.

At $15 for a set of wraps, the prices turned me off a little bit at first, especially since I don't frequent nail salons (if you do, this is a killer deal!). But each set of wraps is good for 2 pedicures and 2-3 manicures. And since I never paint my fingernails, it's opened up the possibility of having my fingernails done, which has been pretty fun, even for low-maintenance me! :) there are over 300 different styles, so there's something for every style, from simple and classic to bold and bright.



Let me know if you have any other questions...and please check out my Jamberry party on Facebook or on the Jamberry site directly (http://michellewagner77.jamberrynails.net). If you do place an order, just select me as your host :)

No comments: