Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

The weekend

Friday morning Emma and I hung out with Emily. We chatted, played with Emma, and ran some errands. I bought the ingredients to make laundry detergent (more on that very soon!) and we tried to go to the Farmer's Market in town...only to find out that it was closed because of Good Friday.

Friday afternoon when Martin got home we headed down 301 to Chestertown to meet up with Michelle and Trish, my fellow HFGs and watch the softball team play Gettysburg. They lost the first and tied (because of darkness) the second game. We got to throw again together, which was so much fun. And Martin and I took Emma to see the Vickers plot in the Chester cemetery (right next to the softball field) which is the place we got engaged. The rain held off for the games, and it was a great evening.

Saturday we relaxed most of the morning. I made a cake for Sunday and we did a few things around the house. We met our parents in Kent Island for dinner at Harris' Crab House - yum yum. After a lovely dinner we headed home, along with Martin's mom, who stayed the night with us.

Early morning Easter Sunday - Martin was on set-up at church and I was playing the drums. We played the song "Happy Day" - the lyrics are perfect for Easter:

The greatest day in history,
Death is beaten
You have rescued me
Sing it out Jesus is alive
The empty cross, the empty grave
Life eternal You have won the day
Shout it out Jesus is alive
He's alive
Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed

Emma looked cute in her sundress (thanks Aunt Sarah!). After church we headed up to PA to have dinner with Martin's side of the family. Emma was smiley as usual, and Martin and I were able to play some Kubb outside. On our way home I called Lindsay Bell. She and her fiance, Ryan, were driving to Baltimore from New Jersey and passing through the same stretch of 95 that we were at the same time! So we ended up stopping at a rest stop to meet up for a few minutes:



It was late, so that's why Emma looks a little rough in the pictures. It was such a busy day that these were the only pictures that I got! It was great to see Ryan and Lindsay and we can't wait to see each other more often (hopefully) when they move into their house near my parents' house!
Happy Easter - He is risen indeed!

3 comments:

Lindsay G. said...

It was great that we were able to meet up! Ryan and I were so happy that we finally got to meet baby Emma! :-)

InDeeds said...

I am looking forward to hearing more about your home made laundry detergent experiment!

Sarah said...

Wow! You guys had a busy weekend just like us! I saw you guys leaving on Friday on my way to the carwash to vacuum and wash our car. :) Sounds like you had a great time and baby Emma was a trooper like always! :)