Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A great deal

I love libraries. Where I grew up in Howard County, MD, we had a great public library, and I loved our weekly trips there while I was homeschooled. When we moved to Middletown, one of the first things I did was find the public library. I couldn't believe how small it was! The children's section at my old library was probably 4 times as big as the whole Middletown library.

Since then, the library has moved to a larger location, which is nice, but it is still relatively small. In order to get books and movies that I want, I usually order them from a different library in the Delaware system. I do this so much in fact, that several of the librarians ask me if I'm picking up when I come in now! All this to say that I make frequent trips to pick up my ordered things, often going more than once a week. When I was at the library earlier this week I looked quickly over the For Sale rack and noticed these:


Its the Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker, but not the books; its the audiobooks. I couldn't believe it-these are some of my favorite books, and audiobooks are really really expensive (and these particular ones were not in the DE library system cause I checked a few months ago). But alas, on that particular trip I had no money with me, so I figured someone else would snatch them up by the time I got back.
THEN, when I went back to the library yesterday, I brought my wallet in, but anticipated that they would be gone. Happily, the audiobooks were still there, and I grabbed them! For $2 each, I now own all three of these audiobooks (which would be at least $50 had I bought them elsewhere)! I am very excited. Martin and I read the trilogy together last summer, so I may wait a little while before listening to it, but I'm making them available on loan if anyone else is interested in the meantime!

2 comments:

InDeeds said...

That is fantastic! I may have to borrow them at some point...I have never read them, but am intrigued by them.

JP in PHL said...

I just finished listening to the Circle Trilogy audiobooks from iTunes and they're really great. The narrator did a great job, and he does most of the Dekker novels. If you end up looking for more, avoid Skin. The narrator is different for that one and not nearly as good.