Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Onion juice

A few weeks ago I got this:

I had never heard of such a thing until a few weeks ago. Turns out that Oma had a friend who really wanted some onion juice to use for cooking, but the only way they found it was to buy a huge box online. So I got a bottle of onion juice!
I've used it a few times now, and it actually works really well. It saves a good bit of time since I don't have to chop up an onion - especially like this afternoon when I made spaghetti sauce. Sometimes you just want the texture of an onion, but when it doesnt matter, this sure comes in handy. I dont know that I'll actually buy some when my bottle runs out, especially if its so hard to find. Chances are that Oma will still have a few left over from her case!

1 comment:

InDeeds said...

I am very intrigued by this concept...