Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

I love weddings!

Jeremy and Karene got married Saturday! It was such an amazing wedding. Everything was beautiful, the gospel was proclaimed, and God was definitely honored. Other than my own wedding, this was my favorite that I have ever attended. Karene and I have known each other our whole lives, and I hope that the Dunphys will get to make memories with the Proffitts the way the Hartmans and the Turners have for so long (and as much as we make fun of our parents for taking 5 hours to say goodbye and leave each others houses, we've already started doing the same thing...).

Unfortunately, I was so busy that I didn't even think about taking any pictures! So I will have to wait and see if I can find someone who got some, so that I can post a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Proffitt!

I did have a few favorite memories from the day that I thought I'd share. The bridesmaids and Karene went out to get our nails done the morning of the wedding. Only Karene and I were about to actually get them done because the lady took an hour per person! She was a little ditzy too. Example: Karene goes first. She has her hair done and curled and is wearing a sparkly headband type thing. Nail lady asks, "how long have you been married?" Karene replies, "negative 6 hours." Nail lady, "Oh you're the bride?!?" .....wow :-)
Karene and I rode to the chapel together in the back of a Lexus. That was very cool.
I got to be the first to congratulate Karene and Jeremy after we recessed - yay!
Then we got to the reception and were told that all the tables were filled up, but the head table was still open. Interestingly enough there were not supposed to be tables at all, but people were just supposed to have mingle time since it was a dessert reception. Someone missed that memo I guess. Karene took the news cool as a cucumber.

Emma did so amazing the whole day too. She slept during the afternoon while I was getting ready, and then sat quietly with Daddy during the wedding. She slept through the whole reception, and then slept for 7 hours that night! What a great baby!

No comments: