Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Book Review: Flight of Shadows

I was provided with a free copy of Flight of Shadows by Sigmond Brouwer through Multnomah's Blogging for Books. This review is my own opinion.

This story was fast-paced and interesting, and I really enjoyed many of the social and political themes that were woven into the novel. The book is a futuristic novel, but hearkens back to ancient Rome in many ways as well. I was unaware that this was the second novel in a series when I requested it, and there were no indications on the book itself that said it was book #2, which I found somewhat confusing. That being said, the book worked fairly well as a stand-alone novel. I'm sure I would have understood some things more quickly if I had more knowledge of the back story, but it was kind of exciting to not know exactly what was going on.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. It was hard for me to put down and I really enjoyed the different characters. Even so, I would recommend reading the book #1 first.

No comments: