Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A favorite pasttime: shopping at Rite Aid

I know its a little weird, but let me explain. I was so excited when I went to Rite Aid on Monday because I had a killer plan that I had been sitting on since Thursday when my circular arrived. I got everything in this picture (6 cans of Pringles, Dove men's body wash, 4 AA rechargeable batteries and charger, 20 pack of dishwasher detergent, and pack of diapers)


for $3.22 plus I'm going to receive $10.50 in rebates and $15 as a Visa Check Card. That's a profit of over $22 plus all of that merchandise!
Wondering how I managed it? Well, this was an unusually amazing trip to Rite Aid, mainly because I had a $20 gift certificate to use (which I earned back in December for certain purchases at Rite Aid). I also had over $13 in coupons and many of the things I purchased were eligible for rebates that Rite Aid offers.
I guess its a weird hobby, but I love it! More details about how to get great deals at Rite Aid are on my blog Thrifty Living.

4 comments:

Maura said...

I love shopping at Rite AId too. I am working on my shopping trip too, each day I am figuring out new scenarios. I hope to go by Saturday, before the deals end. Nice work! I am hoping to get the $35 gift card since I am already at $75 of the $100 I need to spend.

InDeeds said...

Oh Rite Aid...I wish I found time to shop there more often. I had a whole list made out for last week - did the Video Values and everything to get the printable coupons that I needed. And then I got snowed in. It was quite sad. One day I will be a more regular Rite Aid shopper!

GrandMomPat said...

I used to do that,but was never as good as you have been doing, Martin would ask- where did you get all those toothbrushes. I don't need much anymore, but still watch for the bargains, sometimes will pick up things for almost free to donate when church or others have a collection.

Great Oma said...

Beth Anne, you are something. I'm so proud of you. It's gotten to be a real challenge for you, hasn't it?
I love bargains, but I don't work on it like you do. Don't need much anymore.