Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My little helper


Yesterday morning was such a fun time with Emma -- she helped me to a load of laundry! That's quite an accomplishment for someone who just turned 1 a few weeks ago.

Emma pushed the laundry basket down the hall while I pulled it. She sat on the floor and pulled clothes out and then handed them to me to put in the washer. I laid the hamper down so she could reach better, and she nearly crawled in! After all the clothes were in the washer, she enjoyed watching the water come in and the clothes spin around inside (we've got a great window that is just at her eye level). When the clothes were done in the washer, she helped me pull them out to put in the dryer.

I'm so thankful for mornings like yesterday. It was a great moment, and totally unprompted by me. I cant wait to see what else God will do in Emma's heart to grow her desire to help others!
Linking up to Chatting at the Sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this may be the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I think you should get Martin to take a video next time :)

GrandMomPat said...

awe, so nice to have a helper.